If you own an ATV (4-wheeler, snowmobile, dirt bike, etc.) and it is stolen, destroyed in a garage fire, or damaged in an accident such as rolling it over or running into something, you will most likely find that your homeowner’s insurance will not cover the damages.  Most people think that if the ATV is in their garage they will be covered.  Unfortunately that is not the case.  ATV vehicles that require registration (4-wheelers, snowmobiles, dirt bikes) need to be scheduled for coverage or have a separate policy. 


Items such as a lawnmower, which is used to service your property and does not need to be registered, will fall under your homeowner’s insurance coverage.  However, keep in mind that limitations exist depending on the type of peril – for instance many policies may not offer coverage if the vehicle overturns, is taken off premises or overturns.  Your best bet is to call us or your agent and ask - that way you will know what needs to be done to make sure you are protected.


ATV coverage
Posted 1:46 PM

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014
  • 2013

View Mobile Version